Grain-free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are Paleo, Vegan, and Gluten-Free cookies that are perfect for the fall. Use fresh pumpkin puree or substitute with butternut squash puree.
· Almond flour – 2 cups
· Baking powder – ½ tsp
· Salt – ¼ tsp
· Pumpkin spice powder – 1½ tsp
· Coconut oil (melted) – 3 tbsp
· Pumpkin/Butternut Squash puree – 3 Tbsp
· Maple syrup – 1/2 cup
· Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
· Cinnamon – ¼ cup
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice powder.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
4. Add the wet ingredients to dry. Mix together until wet, and sticky. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes (this allows the dough to get a little more sticky and firm).
5. Form dough balls that are about 1.5 inches in diameter. Place on a cookie sheet. Using a jar or glass, flatten cookies to about ½ inch thick.
6. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes (depending on oven and thickness of cookies). Cookies should feel firm on the top, but may be soft in the middle. They will continue to get firmer once out of the oven.
7. Cool completely on the cookie sheet.